Francois Hollande partner leaves hospital, says `touched` by support
Zee Media Bureau
Paris: After a week of being hospitalised, the partner of French President Francois Hollande, Valerie Trierweiler, has left the hospital in Paris for the presidential palace at La Lanterne in Versailles.
After leaving the hospital, Trierweiler tweeted `Thanks” in French for all those who had wished her sooner recovery via messages.
Merci du fond du cœur à tous ceux qui ont envoyé des messages de soutien et de rétablissement via twitter, SMS ou courriels. Très touchée.
— Valerie Trierweiler (@valtrier) January 18, 2014
Trierweiler, whom France regards as its de facto First Lady was reportedly in “shock” and had to be hospitalised just hours after the scandalous report in the French magazine Closer, which published a seven-page illustrated account of the alleged affair of the President with an actress.
Trierweiler, 48, had been admitted to Pitie Salpetriere hospital last Friday after the sensational revelation about the alleged affair between 59-year old Hollande and 41-year-old French actress Julie Gayet.
Trierweiler was reportedly admitted to hospital on January 9 after she took “a pill too many.”
However, according to a Le Pointmagazine news report, Trierweiler had no intention of committing suicide.
According to local media reports, Trierweiler suffered from nervous exhaustion and low blood pressure.
The reports further add that Hollande didn`t visit her in the hospital, addingf to the speculations whether she was still the first lady.
However, Hollande has been skirting the questions related to her or the alleged affair, and kept mum over the issue, asserting that the private affairs must be dealt with privately.
Hollande has been in a relationship with Trierweiler since 2005 when he left Segolene Royal, with whom he has fathered four children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'