Frankfurt airport workers announce 24-hour strike
Berlin: A union says the ground workers at Germany`s Frankfurt airport will go on strike for 24 hours from Monday.
The GdF union said on Sunday the walkout at continental Europe`s second-largest hub is set to last from Monday 0400 GMT to Tuesday 0400 GMT.
The union is engaged in a dispute with airport operator Fraport over pay and working conditions for some 200 ground workers.
The workers already staged two shorter walkouts on Thursday and Friday, forcing the cancellation of hundreds of flights each time. Airlines were still able to operate more than half of their scheduled flights, cancelling mostly short and mid-range flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details