Frankfurt airport workers announce 24-hour strike
Berlin: A union says the ground workers at Germany`s Frankfurt airport will go on strike for 24 hours from Monday.
The GdF union said on Sunday the walkout at continental Europe`s second-largest hub is set to last from Monday 0400 GMT to Tuesday 0400 GMT.
The union is engaged in a dispute with airport operator Fraport over pay and working conditions for some 200 ground workers.
The workers already staged two shorter walkouts on Thursday and Friday, forcing the cancellation of hundreds of flights each time. Airlines were still able to operate more than half of their scheduled flights, cancelling mostly short and mid-range flights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened