Frankfurt attack was `Afghanistan revenge`: Prosecutors
Berlin: A suspected Islamist radical
accused of shooting dead two US servicemen at Frankfurt
Airport did so in revenge for the US mission in Afghanistan,
German prosecutors said on Friday.
The 21-year-old carried out the attack on Wednesday
"because he wanted to take revenge for the US intervention in
Afghanistan," federal prosecutor Rainer Griesbaum told
The suspect has said that the day before the attack he
watched a video on the Internet purporting to show US
atrocities in Afghanistan, Griesbaum said.
The shooter "saw a video on the Internet portal
YouTube the day before the act," Griesbaum said.
"In this video, American soldiers apparently raided a
Muslim house and raped the daughter of the family," he added.
"He could not get the pictures out of his head and
wanted with his actions to prevent American soldiers going to
Afghanistan and carrying out such acts," added the prosecutor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!