Frankfurt attack was `Afghanistan revenge`: Prosecutors
Berlin: A suspected Islamist radical
accused of shooting dead two US servicemen at Frankfurt
Airport did so in revenge for the US mission in Afghanistan,
German prosecutors said on Friday.
The 21-year-old carried out the attack on Wednesday
"because he wanted to take revenge for the US intervention in
Afghanistan," federal prosecutor Rainer Griesbaum told
The suspect has said that the day before the attack he
watched a video on the Internet purporting to show US
atrocities in Afghanistan, Griesbaum said.
The shooter "saw a video on the Internet portal
YouTube the day before the act," Griesbaum said.
"In this video, American soldiers apparently raided a
Muslim house and raped the daughter of the family," he added.
"He could not get the pictures out of his head and
wanted with his actions to prevent American soldiers going to
Afghanistan and carrying out such acts," added the prosecutor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?