Frankfurt attack was `Afghanistan revenge`: Prosecutors
Berlin: A suspected Islamist radical
accused of shooting dead two US servicemen at Frankfurt
Airport did so in revenge for the US mission in Afghanistan,
German prosecutors said on Friday.
The 21-year-old carried out the attack on Wednesday
"because he wanted to take revenge for the US intervention in
Afghanistan," federal prosecutor Rainer Griesbaum told
The suspect has said that the day before the attack he
watched a video on the Internet purporting to show US
atrocities in Afghanistan, Griesbaum said.
The shooter "saw a video on the Internet portal
YouTube the day before the act," Griesbaum said.
"In this video, American soldiers apparently raided a
Muslim house and raped the daughter of the family," he added.
"He could not get the pictures out of his head and
wanted with his actions to prevent American soldiers going to
Afghanistan and carrying out such acts," added the prosecutor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family