Free mourning mothers: Iran rights group
Dubai: A rights group is demanding Iran release 33 mothers detained during their weekly memorial vigils for their children killed in the nation`s ongoing violence.
The International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran says that nine of the jailed woman received emergency medical treatment after they were rounded up by security forces on Saturday in a Tehran park where they hold their demonstrations.
The group`s statement, issued late Sunday, says the women suffered from "various illnesses." Iranian authorities have not commented on the reported detentions.
The women are part of a "mourning mothers" gathering held by women whose children have been killed in unrest since disputed elections in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata