Free mourning mothers: Iran rights group
Dubai: A rights group is demanding Iran release 33 mothers detained during their weekly memorial vigils for their children killed in the nation`s ongoing violence.
The International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran says that nine of the jailed woman received emergency medical treatment after they were rounded up by security forces on Saturday in a Tehran park where they hold their demonstrations.
The group`s statement, issued late Sunday, says the women suffered from "various illnesses." Iranian authorities have not commented on the reported detentions.
The women are part of a "mourning mothers" gathering held by women whose children have been killed in unrest since disputed elections in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat