Free mourning mothers: Iran rights group
Dubai: A rights group is demanding Iran release 33 mothers detained during their weekly memorial vigils for their children killed in the nation`s ongoing violence.
The International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran says that nine of the jailed woman received emergency medical treatment after they were rounded up by security forces on Saturday in a Tehran park where they hold their demonstrations.
The group`s statement, issued late Sunday, says the women suffered from "various illnesses." Iranian authorities have not commented on the reported detentions.
The women are part of a "mourning mothers" gathering held by women whose children have been killed in unrest since disputed elections in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh