Free mourning mothers: Iran rights group
Dubai: A rights group is demanding Iran release 33 mothers detained during their weekly memorial vigils for their children killed in the nation`s ongoing violence.
The International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran says that nine of the jailed woman received emergency medical treatment after they were rounded up by security forces on Saturday in a Tehran park where they hold their demonstrations.
The group`s statement, issued late Sunday, says the women suffered from "various illnesses." Iranian authorities have not commented on the reported detentions.
The women are part of a "mourning mothers" gathering held by women whose children have been killed in unrest since disputed elections in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan