Free Syrian Army leader warns rebels ‘might turn into terrorists’
London: The leader of the Free Syrian Army has warned that rebels in the country may ‘turn into terrorists’, and urged the outside world to back them before it happens.
“If there’s no quick decision to support us, we will all turn into terrorists,” General Mustafa al-Sheikh, said.
“If you apply the pressure that’s been applied to Syria, it will explode in all directions. Terrorism will grow quickly,” he added.
During an exclusive interview with the Daily Telegraph, Gen. Sheikh also said he welcomed UK Prime Minister David Cameron’s decision to engage with the rebels and even consider organising arms supplies.
He, however, added that war was spreading to surrounding countries, the rebels were fractured and speed was of the essence.
According to the paper, Gen. Sheikh has published a manifesto, demanding respect for Syria’s unity and for human rights, especially the rights of prisoners, which he wants all rebel leaders to sign.
He suggested it might even become the basis of a new Syrian constitution.
Gen. Sheikh said that Britain and other countries should tie aid to this manifesto - alleging that at the moment other rebel groups are better funded.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!