Freed soldier at US military hospital in Germany
Berlin: The US soldier freed in Afghanistan after being held for nearly five years by insurgents has arrived at an American military hospital in Germany.
It`s not immediately clear how long he will stay there before continuing to the United States.
The Landstuhl Regional Medical Center said in a statement that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl arrived at the facility in southwestern Germany today.
The hospital said its staff "will evaluate his condition, begin any necessary medical care and assist in his recovery process."
It added that they are "sensitive to what Sgt Bergdahl has been through and will proceed with his reintegration at a pace with which he is comfortable."
The hospital says that there is "no pre-determined amount of time" for the reintegration process.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner