Freed soldier at US military hospital in Germany
Berlin: The US soldier freed in Afghanistan after being held for nearly five years by insurgents has arrived at an American military hospital in Germany.
It`s not immediately clear how long he will stay there before continuing to the United States.
The Landstuhl Regional Medical Center said in a statement that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl arrived at the facility in southwestern Germany today.
The hospital said its staff "will evaluate his condition, begin any necessary medical care and assist in his recovery process."
It added that they are "sensitive to what Sgt Bergdahl has been through and will proceed with his reintegration at a pace with which he is comfortable."
The hospital says that there is "no pre-determined amount of time" for the reintegration process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK