Freed soldier at US military hospital in Germany
Berlin: The US soldier freed in Afghanistan after being held for nearly five years by insurgents has arrived at an American military hospital in Germany.
It`s not immediately clear how long he will stay there before continuing to the United States.
The Landstuhl Regional Medical Center said in a statement that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl arrived at the facility in southwestern Germany today.
The hospital said its staff "will evaluate his condition, begin any necessary medical care and assist in his recovery process."
It added that they are "sensitive to what Sgt Bergdahl has been through and will proceed with his reintegration at a pace with which he is comfortable."
The hospital says that there is "no pre-determined amount of time" for the reintegration process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Spirituality helps you transform into a better human – Here’s how
- Mumbai architect receives Rs 5 crore extortion call from gangster Ravi Pujari
- 7th Pay Commission: Salary hike to boost demand in consumer durables sector
- 7th Pay Commission: Unions reject Centre's pay hike, threaten to go on strike
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!