Freed soldier at US military hospital in Germany
Berlin: The US soldier freed in Afghanistan after being held for nearly five years by insurgents has arrived at an American military hospital in Germany.
It`s not immediately clear how long he will stay there before continuing to the United States.
The Landstuhl Regional Medical Center said in a statement that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl arrived at the facility in southwestern Germany today.
The hospital said its staff "will evaluate his condition, begin any necessary medical care and assist in his recovery process."
It added that they are "sensitive to what Sgt Bergdahl has been through and will proceed with his reintegration at a pace with which he is comfortable."
The hospital says that there is "no pre-determined amount of time" for the reintegration process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you