French arms exports to be worth over $10 bn in 2009
Paris: French arms exports will be worth EUR 7 billion (about USD 10 billion) in 2009, making it the fourth biggest weapons exporter worldwide, media reports said.
Laurent Collet-Billon, head of the General Delegation for Ordnance (DGA), government procurement agency, told French daily Le Monde that France will remain the fourth biggest arms exporter worldwide in 2009.
Despite the economic crisis, the 2009 global ordnance market will grow to EUR 700 billion, the newspaper said on its website on Saturday.
France`s arms export is expected to increases by more than 10 percent from a year earlier and is likely to keep growing in 2010, Xinhua reported citing the daily.
French arms export totalled EUR 6.3 billion in 2008, making it the fourth biggest exporter, after the US, Britain and Russia.
Laurent attributed the growth in 2009 to the sale of Rafale combat jets, adding that France hopes to reach an agreement with Brazil on the Rafale jets deal at the beginning of 2010.
France is also in negotiations with the United Arab Emirates on Rafale jets sale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks