French arms exports to be worth over $10 bn in 2009
Paris: French arms exports will be worth EUR 7 billion (about USD 10 billion) in 2009, making it the fourth biggest weapons exporter worldwide, media reports said.
Laurent Collet-Billon, head of the General Delegation for Ordnance (DGA), government procurement agency, told French daily Le Monde that France will remain the fourth biggest arms exporter worldwide in 2009.
Despite the economic crisis, the 2009 global ordnance market will grow to EUR 700 billion, the newspaper said on its website on Saturday.
France`s arms export is expected to increases by more than 10 percent from a year earlier and is likely to keep growing in 2010, Xinhua reported citing the daily.
French arms export totalled EUR 6.3 billion in 2008, making it the fourth biggest exporter, after the US, Britain and Russia.
Laurent attributed the growth in 2009 to the sale of Rafale combat jets, adding that France hopes to reach an agreement with Brazil on the Rafale jets deal at the beginning of 2010.
France is also in negotiations with the United Arab Emirates on Rafale jets sale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!