French first lady vows to shield her baby from media
Paris: French first lady Carla Bruni said
on Sunday she will never let the media film or photograph her
baby, which is due just months before her husband President
Nicolas Sarkozy seeks re-election.
"I will do everything I can to protect this child... I
will never show photos of this child, I will never expose this
child," Bruni told TF1 television.
The supermodel-turned-singer said she had made a "serious
mistake" the one time she let her ten-year-old son from a
previous relationship be exposed to the glare of the media
This was when she visited the Petra archaeological site
in Jordan during a visit there with Sarkozy during their
whirlwind courtship before their marriage in 2008.
Bruni said she did not know if her new baby, which is due
next month, was a boy or a girl.
Sarkozy is widely expected to run for re-election in
April next year, and some political commentators have
predicted that a new baby could help boost his disastrous
polling numbers as he tries to win back lost support.
The 56-year-old Sarkozy has three sons aged 14, 25 and 26
from two previous marriages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details
- Capital flows out of China slowing: Beijing
- Sensex drops 205 points, worst single-day fall in a month