French first lady wants to stand by Hollande
Paris: The French first lady Valérie Trierweiler wanted to stand by President Francois Hollande, when he visits the US next month, despite his love affair with actress Julie Gayet, Closer magazine reported Thursday.
The magazine, which exposed the alleged affair almost two weeks ago, brought forward its normal publication to make what it claimed were "new revelations".
Julie Gayet, the 41-year-old actress, was introduced to 59-year-old Hollande in 2011 by his former partner Ségolène Royal, when he was a front-running presidential candidate.
It alleged that Trierweiler, 49, now resting at the presidential retreat La Lanterne in Versailles, wanted to remain President Hollande’s partner and first lady, The Independent reported citing the Closer magazine report.
The magazine said Trierweiler has told her friends that she expects to accompany Hollande on a trip to Washington from Feb 9.
However, Elysée Palace sources have strongly hinted that Hollande plans to end their eight-year relationship.
Earlier, Hollande said he would "make a statement" before the Washington visit.
He is expected to reveal his intentions by early next week, before he comes to Britain for the annual Anglo-French summit with British Prime Minister David Cameron.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed