French first lady wants to stand by Hollande
Paris: The French first lady Valérie Trierweiler wanted to stand by President Francois Hollande, when he visits the US next month, despite his love affair with actress Julie Gayet, Closer magazine reported Thursday.
The magazine, which exposed the alleged affair almost two weeks ago, brought forward its normal publication to make what it claimed were "new revelations".
Julie Gayet, the 41-year-old actress, was introduced to 59-year-old Hollande in 2011 by his former partner Ségolène Royal, when he was a front-running presidential candidate.
It alleged that Trierweiler, 49, now resting at the presidential retreat La Lanterne in Versailles, wanted to remain President Hollande’s partner and first lady, The Independent reported citing the Closer magazine report.
The magazine said Trierweiler has told her friends that she expects to accompany Hollande on a trip to Washington from Feb 9.
However, Elysée Palace sources have strongly hinted that Hollande plans to end their eight-year relationship.
Earlier, Hollande said he would "make a statement" before the Washington visit.
He is expected to reveal his intentions by early next week, before he comes to Britain for the annual Anglo-French summit with British Prime Minister David Cameron.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir