French first lady wins damages over publication of bikini pics in mag
London: French President Francois Hollande’s girlfriend Valerie Trierweiler has won a lawsuit against a magazine which published photographs of her in a bikini.
The judge at the Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris ordered VSD, the celebrity magazine, to pay the 47-year-old journalist the equivalent of 1,500 pounds, the Daily Mail reported.
Trierweiler, who works for VSD’s direct rival, Paris Match, had demanded 24,000 pounds as damages.
Paris Match is full of pictures of public figures on the beach every week, but Trierweiler objected to another publication capturing a swim that she enjoyed with her boyfriend Hollande, last month.
“She didn’t like the pictures so wanted them banned,” the Daily Mail quoted a source as saying.
“Faxes were sent to editors, with lawyers threatening all kinds of measures for non-compliance,” the source said.
Despite this, Trierweiler only issued legal proceedings against magazine, saying that she was happy for Paris Match to publish the pictures in their inside pages.
Frederique Giffard, Trierweiler’s lawyer, insisted that the court’s award had been designed to “preserve the privacy” of his client.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured