French first lady wins damages over publication of bikini pics in mag
London: French President Francois Hollande’s girlfriend Valerie Trierweiler has won a lawsuit against a magazine which published photographs of her in a bikini.
The judge at the Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris ordered VSD, the celebrity magazine, to pay the 47-year-old journalist the equivalent of 1,500 pounds, the Daily Mail reported.
Trierweiler, who works for VSD’s direct rival, Paris Match, had demanded 24,000 pounds as damages.
Paris Match is full of pictures of public figures on the beach every week, but Trierweiler objected to another publication capturing a swim that she enjoyed with her boyfriend Hollande, last month.
“She didn’t like the pictures so wanted them banned,” the Daily Mail quoted a source as saying.
“Faxes were sent to editors, with lawyers threatening all kinds of measures for non-compliance,” the source said.
Despite this, Trierweiler only issued legal proceedings against magazine, saying that she was happy for Paris Match to publish the pictures in their inside pages.
Frederique Giffard, Trierweiler’s lawyer, insisted that the court’s award had been designed to “preserve the privacy” of his client.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks