French first lady wins damages over publication of bikini pics in mag
London: French President Francois Hollande’s girlfriend Valerie Trierweiler has won a lawsuit against a magazine which published photographs of her in a bikini.
The judge at the Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris ordered VSD, the celebrity magazine, to pay the 47-year-old journalist the equivalent of 1,500 pounds, the Daily Mail reported.
Trierweiler, who works for VSD’s direct rival, Paris Match, had demanded 24,000 pounds as damages.
Paris Match is full of pictures of public figures on the beach every week, but Trierweiler objected to another publication capturing a swim that she enjoyed with her boyfriend Hollande, last month.
“She didn’t like the pictures so wanted them banned,” the Daily Mail quoted a source as saying.
“Faxes were sent to editors, with lawyers threatening all kinds of measures for non-compliance,” the source said.
Despite this, Trierweiler only issued legal proceedings against magazine, saying that she was happy for Paris Match to publish the pictures in their inside pages.
Frederique Giffard, Trierweiler’s lawyer, insisted that the court’s award had been designed to “preserve the privacy” of his client.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya