French first lady wins damages over publication of bikini pics in mag
London: French President Francois Hollande’s girlfriend Valerie Trierweiler has won a lawsuit against a magazine which published photographs of her in a bikini.
The judge at the Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris ordered VSD, the celebrity magazine, to pay the 47-year-old journalist the equivalent of 1,500 pounds, the Daily Mail reported.
Trierweiler, who works for VSD’s direct rival, Paris Match, had demanded 24,000 pounds as damages.
Paris Match is full of pictures of public figures on the beach every week, but Trierweiler objected to another publication capturing a swim that she enjoyed with her boyfriend Hollande, last month.
“She didn’t like the pictures so wanted them banned,” the Daily Mail quoted a source as saying.
“Faxes were sent to editors, with lawyers threatening all kinds of measures for non-compliance,” the source said.
Despite this, Trierweiler only issued legal proceedings against magazine, saying that she was happy for Paris Match to publish the pictures in their inside pages.
Frederique Giffard, Trierweiler’s lawyer, insisted that the court’s award had been designed to “preserve the privacy” of his client.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves