French FM calls for UN action on Syria
Turkey: French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe has called on the UN Security Council to act against Syrian President Bashar Assad`s regime, saying the time has come to strengthen sanctions against Syria over its brutal crackdown on civilians.
"We must continue to exert pressure, the UN must act, it is not normal for the UN Security Council not to act," Juppe told a joint news conference with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu in Ankara on Friday. "We have called on Assad to change but the regime did not want to know, which is not acceptable. We are ready to strengthen the sanctions."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands