French govt names Baroin as new finance minister
Paris: President Nicolas Sarkozy appointed Francois Baroin, budget minister and government spokesman, as France`s new finance minister on Wednesday, replacing Christine Lagarde.
Baroin will be replaced in his duties by Valerie Pecresse, a minister of higher education.
Baroin, 46, has worked closely with the Finance Ministry and had been seen as a natural successor to Lagarde, named late on Tuesday as the new chief of the International Monetary Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional