French govt names Baroin as new finance minister
Paris: President Nicolas Sarkozy appointed Francois Baroin, budget minister and government spokesman, as France`s new finance minister on Wednesday, replacing Christine Lagarde.
Baroin will be replaced in his duties by Valerie Pecresse, a minister of higher education.
Baroin, 46, has worked closely with the Finance Ministry and had been seen as a natural successor to Lagarde, named late on Tuesday as the new chief of the International Monetary Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea