French govt names Baroin as new finance minister
Paris: President Nicolas Sarkozy appointed Francois Baroin, budget minister and government spokesman, as France`s new finance minister on Wednesday, replacing Christine Lagarde.
Baroin will be replaced in his duties by Valerie Pecresse, a minister of higher education.
Baroin, 46, has worked closely with the Finance Ministry and had been seen as a natural successor to Lagarde, named late on Tuesday as the new chief of the International Monetary Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says