French minister resigns in face of tax-fraud probe
Paris: French President Francois Hollande`s office says the country`s budget minister has resigned amid a ballooning scandal over suspected tax fraud and money laundering centring on him.
Hollande`s office says Jerome Cahuzac asked to be removed from his post, and the president accepted.
Earlier today, Paris prosecutors launched a judicial probe into a case of alleged laundering of money gained through tax fraud centring on Cahuzac, though investigators haven`t turned up enough evidence to charge him by name.
The minister has long been a vocal crusader against the use of overseas tax havens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog