French minister resigns in face of tax-fraud probe
Paris: French President Francois Hollande`s office says the country`s budget minister has resigned amid a ballooning scandal over suspected tax fraud and money laundering centring on him.
Hollande`s office says Jerome Cahuzac asked to be removed from his post, and the president accepted.
Earlier today, Paris prosecutors launched a judicial probe into a case of alleged laundering of money gained through tax fraud centring on Cahuzac, though investigators haven`t turned up enough evidence to charge him by name.
The minister has long been a vocal crusader against the use of overseas tax havens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you