French minister resigns in face of tax-fraud probe
Paris: French President Francois Hollande`s office says the country`s budget minister has resigned amid a ballooning scandal over suspected tax fraud and money laundering centring on him.
Hollande`s office says Jerome Cahuzac asked to be removed from his post, and the president accepted.
Earlier today, Paris prosecutors launched a judicial probe into a case of alleged laundering of money gained through tax fraud centring on Cahuzac, though investigators haven`t turned up enough evidence to charge him by name.
The minister has long been a vocal crusader against the use of overseas tax havens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodies of 14 executed in Libya's Benghazi found: Medical Centre
- MUST WATCH: When Virat Kohli toyed with Aussie attack
- Shocking: Maoist cadre reveals how women are exploited sexually by commanders
- French police ask Nice to destroy CCTV images of attack
- India avoided adverse Brexit effect, now a safe haven: FM Jaitley