French mom on trial for sending son `Jihad` to school wearing `I am a bomb` T-shirt
New York: A French mother, who had sent her toddler named "Jihad" to nursery school wearing a T-shirt with "controversial writing", has been sent on trial.
Bouchra Bagour sent her 3-year-old son to school wearing a T-shirt that said "I am a bomb" on the front and read "Jihad, born on 11 September" on the back.
The T-shirt was a gift from Bagour`s 29-year-old brother, Zeyad Bagour.
Jihad`s teacher spotted the ``controversial writing`` in class last September, following which she alerted the police, who later charged Bagour, 35, with "glorifying crime".
At Bagour`s trial in Avignon, France, she insisted that the shirt wasn`t meant to provoke or defend terrorism, and thought the shirt would "make people laugh.
Her brother and co-defendent also denied the charges.
Lawyer Claude Avril said the most scandalous thing is that the mother and her brother have used and manipulated a 3-year-old child to voluntarily convey the words of a terrorist.
Prosecutors are likely to fine Bouchra and her brother 1,300 dollars and 3,900 dollars respectively. The trial will be decided on April10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you