French mom on trial for sending son `Jihad` to school wearing `I am a bomb` T-shirt
New York: A French mother, who had sent her toddler named "Jihad" to nursery school wearing a T-shirt with "controversial writing", has been sent on trial.
Bouchra Bagour sent her 3-year-old son to school wearing a T-shirt that said "I am a bomb" on the front and read "Jihad, born on 11 September" on the back.
The T-shirt was a gift from Bagour`s 29-year-old brother, Zeyad Bagour.
Jihad`s teacher spotted the ``controversial writing`` in class last September, following which she alerted the police, who later charged Bagour, 35, with "glorifying crime".
At Bagour`s trial in Avignon, France, she insisted that the shirt wasn`t meant to provoke or defend terrorism, and thought the shirt would "make people laugh.
Her brother and co-defendent also denied the charges.
Lawyer Claude Avril said the most scandalous thing is that the mother and her brother have used and manipulated a 3-year-old child to voluntarily convey the words of a terrorist.
Prosecutors are likely to fine Bouchra and her brother 1,300 dollars and 3,900 dollars respectively. The trial will be decided on April10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?