French mom on trial for sending son `Jihad` to school wearing `I am a bomb` T-shirt
New York: A French mother, who had sent her toddler named "Jihad" to nursery school wearing a T-shirt with "controversial writing", has been sent on trial.
Bouchra Bagour sent her 3-year-old son to school wearing a T-shirt that said "I am a bomb" on the front and read "Jihad, born on 11 September" on the back.
The T-shirt was a gift from Bagour`s 29-year-old brother, Zeyad Bagour.
Jihad`s teacher spotted the ``controversial writing`` in class last September, following which she alerted the police, who later charged Bagour, 35, with "glorifying crime".
At Bagour`s trial in Avignon, France, she insisted that the shirt wasn`t meant to provoke or defend terrorism, and thought the shirt would "make people laugh.
Her brother and co-defendent also denied the charges.
Lawyer Claude Avril said the most scandalous thing is that the mother and her brother have used and manipulated a 3-year-old child to voluntarily convey the words of a terrorist.
Prosecutors are likely to fine Bouchra and her brother 1,300 dollars and 3,900 dollars respectively. The trial will be decided on April10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani