French mum fails age exam
Paris: A 52-year-old French woman faces prosecution after being caught trying to sit a baccalaureate English exam in place of her daughter.
Kitted out in typical teenage attire including Converse trainers and low-waisted skinny jeans, the woman made it into the exam hall at a Paris high-school yesterday.
But despite the disguise, an exam supervisor who had overseen the 19-year-old daughter when she sat her philosophy paper earlier in the week soon realised she was an imposter and alerted the principal.
Police were called and the woman now faces fraud charges. The consequences for her daughter could be more serious as she could be banned from taking public exams for five years.
Introduced by Napoleon in 1808, the multi-subject baccalaureate is the main school-leaving exam in France and has to be passed by students wishing to go to university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir