French mum fails age exam
Paris: A 52-year-old French woman faces prosecution after being caught trying to sit a baccalaureate English exam in place of her daughter.
Kitted out in typical teenage attire including Converse trainers and low-waisted skinny jeans, the woman made it into the exam hall at a Paris high-school yesterday.
But despite the disguise, an exam supervisor who had overseen the 19-year-old daughter when she sat her philosophy paper earlier in the week soon realised she was an imposter and alerted the principal.
Police were called and the woman now faces fraud charges. The consequences for her daughter could be more serious as she could be banned from taking public exams for five years.
Introduced by Napoleon in 1808, the multi-subject baccalaureate is the main school-leaving exam in France and has to be passed by students wishing to go to university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up