French mum fails age exam
Paris: A 52-year-old French woman faces prosecution after being caught trying to sit a baccalaureate English exam in place of her daughter.
Kitted out in typical teenage attire including Converse trainers and low-waisted skinny jeans, the woman made it into the exam hall at a Paris high-school yesterday.
But despite the disguise, an exam supervisor who had overseen the 19-year-old daughter when she sat her philosophy paper earlier in the week soon realised she was an imposter and alerted the principal.
Police were called and the woman now faces fraud charges. The consequences for her daughter could be more serious as she could be banned from taking public exams for five years.
Introduced by Napoleon in 1808, the multi-subject baccalaureate is the main school-leaving exam in France and has to be passed by students wishing to go to university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened