French nationals kidnapped by pirates released
Paris: Three French nationals who were kidnapped by pirates off the West African coast in September have been released, the French government said on Wednesday.
Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner made the announcement with "great joy and relief" that, based on information from authorities in Nigeria, the trio were freed. He gave no further details.
The three were seized by pirates from a French-flagged ship, Bourbon Alexandre, in an attack on an oil rig along the coast of Nigeria on September 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'