French nationals kidnapped by pirates released
Paris: Three French nationals who were kidnapped by pirates off the West African coast in September have been released, the French government said on Wednesday.
Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner made the announcement with "great joy and relief" that, based on information from authorities in Nigeria, the trio were freed. He gave no further details.
The three were seized by pirates from a French-flagged ship, Bourbon Alexandre, in an attack on an oil rig along the coast of Nigeria on September 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!