French nationals kidnapped by pirates released
Paris: Three French nationals who were kidnapped by pirates off the West African coast in September have been released, the French government said on Wednesday.
Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner made the announcement with "great joy and relief" that, based on information from authorities in Nigeria, the trio were freed. He gave no further details.
The three were seized by pirates from a French-flagged ship, Bourbon Alexandre, in an attack on an oil rig along the coast of Nigeria on September 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH