French paper to publish comic on Prophet Mohammed
Johannesburg: A French weekly newspaper will release a comic book biography of Prophet Mohammed.
Satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo has on several occasions depicted Islam`s prophet in an effort to defend free speech and defy the anger of Muslims who believe depicting Mohammed is sacrilegious.
Charlie Hebdo`s publisher and the comic`s illustrator said that the new book is a ‘biography authorised by Islam since it was edited by Muslims’, News24 reports.
According to the report, the biography will be published on Wednesday and was put together by a Franco-Tunisian researcher known only as Zineb, Charb said.
The publisher said the idea for the comic book came to him in 2006 when a newspaper in Denmark published cartoons of Mohammed, later republished by Charlie Hebdo, drawing angry protests across the Muslim world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir