French paper to publish comic on Prophet Mohammed
Johannesburg: A French weekly newspaper will release a comic book biography of Prophet Mohammed.
Satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo has on several occasions depicted Islam`s prophet in an effort to defend free speech and defy the anger of Muslims who believe depicting Mohammed is sacrilegious.
Charlie Hebdo`s publisher and the comic`s illustrator said that the new book is a ‘biography authorised by Islam since it was edited by Muslims’, News24 reports.
According to the report, the biography will be published on Wednesday and was put together by a Franco-Tunisian researcher known only as Zineb, Charb said.
The publisher said the idea for the comic book came to him in 2006 when a newspaper in Denmark published cartoons of Mohammed, later republished by Charlie Hebdo, drawing angry protests across the Muslim world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan