French Parliament votes to return Maori heads to NZ
Paris: The French Parliament on Tuesday voted to
return around 15 tattooed and mummified heads of Maori
warriors to New Zealand, ending years of debate over the
restitution of the human remains.
The warrior heads are stored in several French museums,
including seven or eight at Paris` Quai Branly, home to a big
collection of tribal art set up by ex-President Jacques
Only eight lawmakers in the 570-seat National Assembly
voted against the measure that would remove the warrior heads
from the permanent collections of several museums.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug