French Parliament votes to return Maori heads to NZ
Paris: The French Parliament on Tuesday voted to
return around 15 tattooed and mummified heads of Maori
warriors to New Zealand, ending years of debate over the
restitution of the human remains.
The warrior heads are stored in several French museums,
including seven or eight at Paris` Quai Branly, home to a big
collection of tribal art set up by ex-President Jacques
Only eight lawmakers in the 570-seat National Assembly
voted against the measure that would remove the warrior heads
from the permanent collections of several museums.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death