French President Francois Hollande names new cabinet
Paris: French President Francois Hollande Tuesday named a new cabinet under Prime Minister Manual Valls and dropped ministers who rebelled against austerity measures, BBC reported.
The first government of Valls, appointed less than five months ago, fell Monday after a row with Economy Minister Arnaud Montebourg who later quit after publicly urging the government to end austerity policies and focus on growth.
Montebourg, who resigned along with two other ministers from the left, will be replaced by Emmanuel Macron while for the first time a woman will be put in charge of education.
Meanwhile, key ministers in the earlier cabinet such as Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius, Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian, and Finance Minister Michel Sapin retain their posts.
France is struggling with high unemployment and low growth and Hollande`s popularity is the lowest for a president in over 50 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie