French President Hollande to take office on May 15
Paris: New French President Francois Hollande will officially take power in May 15 after ousting incumbent conservative Nicolas Sarkozy with tight margin, local media said Monday.
Citing Elysee source, the local broadcaster Europe 1 reported the date of power transfer was decided by General Secretary of the Presidency of the Republic Xavier Musca and Hollande`s campaign manager, Pierre Moscovici.
Hollande won 51.62 percent of the vote beating President Sarkozy who collected 48.38 percent on Sunday`s presidential run-off which gave France its first socialist head of state after Francois Mitterand quit power in 1995.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details