French President Nicolas Sarkozy becomes a grandfather
Paris: French President Nicolas Sarkozy
became a grandfather on Wednesday when the wife of his son Jean gave
birth to a baby boy, officials said.
"Yes, he had a grandson this morning," said a
presidential aide, who went on to say that he had been given a
"very unusual" name.
Sarkozy`s 23-year-old son Jean married Jessica
Sebaoun, heiress to the big electronics company Darty, in
September 2008 and the couple announced last year that they
were expecting their first child.
A parliamentary official said the boy was named Solal,
from the 1930s novel by the same name written by Swiss author
French Prime Minister Francois Fillon congratulated
Sarkozy, who turns 55 on January 28, on behalf of the
government at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting.
"There was no applause but we all congratulated him,"
budget minister Eric Woerth said after the meeting.
"The prime minister had the opportunity on behalf of
the government to congratulate the president who said that
this birth gave him great joy," said government spokesman Luc
Sarkozy has two sons from his first marriage -- Jean
and Pierre -- and a third, 12-year-old Louis, from his second.
Sarkozy married supermodel-turned-singer Carla
Bruni-Sarkozy two years ago and she has a son, eight-year-old
Aurelien, from a previous relationship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt