French President proposes G20 secretariat
Paris: French President Nicolas Sarkozy on Wednesday proposed the formation of a Group of 20 secretariat to oversee the implementation of important decisions by the bloc of major world economies.
In a speech to French ambassadors, Sarkozy also proposed the body take on more issues related to development and climate change. The G20, which includes leading industrial and developing countries, currently focuses only on economic issues.
Ahead of France`s assumption of the G20 presidency in November, he said top themes will include the reform of the international monetary system, a solution to disputes over China`s currency and extreme fluctuations in food prices.
The next G20 meeting is scheduled for November 11-12 in Seoul. At the end of the meeting, France will assume the bloc`s leadership for a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks