French president tags extra marital rumours ‘ridiculous`
London: French President Nicolas Sarkozy dismissed claims surrounding his married life, saying he does not have time to deal with “ridiculous rumours”.
While at a joint Downing Street press conference with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Sarkozy was twice pressed on the recent flurry of speculation that his marriage was in trouble.
He snapped at a French journalist who raised the subject. After a short span of time, when a British member of the press asked him to deny the rumours, the French president simply refused to answer before Brown called the briefing to an end.
Sarkozy’s irritation was plain when he responded to the first question, reports The Telegraph.
He told the journalist: "You must know very little about what the President of the Republic actually has to do all day long. I certainly don’t have time to deal with these ridiculous rumours, not even half a fraction of a second.”
"I don`t even know why you use your speaking time to put such an idiotic question."
He added: “I love Britain – don`t make me bite back those words.”
Rumours have swept media circles this week that Sarkozy and Carla Bruni, who married in 2008 after a whirlwind romance, were having extra-marital affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security