French president tags extra marital rumours ‘ridiculous`
London: French President Nicolas Sarkozy dismissed claims surrounding his married life, saying he does not have time to deal with “ridiculous rumours”.
While at a joint Downing Street press conference with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Sarkozy was twice pressed on the recent flurry of speculation that his marriage was in trouble.
He snapped at a French journalist who raised the subject. After a short span of time, when a British member of the press asked him to deny the rumours, the French president simply refused to answer before Brown called the briefing to an end.
Sarkozy’s irritation was plain when he responded to the first question, reports The Telegraph.
He told the journalist: "You must know very little about what the President of the Republic actually has to do all day long. I certainly don’t have time to deal with these ridiculous rumours, not even half a fraction of a second.”
"I don`t even know why you use your speaking time to put such an idiotic question."
He added: “I love Britain – don`t make me bite back those words.”
Rumours have swept media circles this week that Sarkozy and Carla Bruni, who married in 2008 after a whirlwind romance, were having extra-marital affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti