French Prez blames ex-minister for spreading affair rumours: Report
London: Nicolas Sarkozy believes his former justice minister Rachida Dati started talk that his wife Carla Bruni was having an affair with Benjamin Biolay, a pop singer, while he was seeing his ecology minister, Chantal Jouanno, it has emerged.
Following the blame game, Dati has been deprived her of her chauffeur-driven limousine and three bodyguards, reports The Telegraph.
The rumours of extra-martial affairs were rubbished by the French president.
According to reports, Nicolas took “retaliatory action” against the 44-year-old Dati, the night his ruling Right-wing UMP party suffered a drubbing in the first round of regional elections on March 14.
Dati created history in 2007 when Nicolas made her the first Muslim woman to hold a top ministerial position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review