French Prez blames ex-minister for spreading affair rumours: Report
London: Nicolas Sarkozy believes his former justice minister Rachida Dati started talk that his wife Carla Bruni was having an affair with Benjamin Biolay, a pop singer, while he was seeing his ecology minister, Chantal Jouanno, it has emerged.
Following the blame game, Dati has been deprived her of her chauffeur-driven limousine and three bodyguards, reports The Telegraph.
The rumours of extra-martial affairs were rubbished by the French president.
According to reports, Nicolas took “retaliatory action” against the 44-year-old Dati, the night his ruling Right-wing UMP party suffered a drubbing in the first round of regional elections on March 14.
Dati created history in 2007 when Nicolas made her the first Muslim woman to hold a top ministerial position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?