French Prez blames ex-minister for spreading affair rumours: Report
London: Nicolas Sarkozy believes his former justice minister Rachida Dati started talk that his wife Carla Bruni was having an affair with Benjamin Biolay, a pop singer, while he was seeing his ecology minister, Chantal Jouanno, it has emerged.
Following the blame game, Dati has been deprived her of her chauffeur-driven limousine and three bodyguards, reports The Telegraph.
The rumours of extra-martial affairs were rubbished by the French president.
According to reports, Nicolas took “retaliatory action” against the 44-year-old Dati, the night his ruling Right-wing UMP party suffered a drubbing in the first round of regional elections on March 14.
Dati created history in 2007 when Nicolas made her the first Muslim woman to hold a top ministerial position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14