French Prez welcomes visitors to his `rented` home
Paris: French President Francois Hollande and his partner are welcoming visitors to their "rented" home: the sumptuous Elysee Palace.
Hollande and Valerie Trierweiler shook hands and signed autographs for crowds lining up to see the 18th- century mansion during France`s annual open house festival when the doors to historical landmarks and government buildings are thrown open across the country.
The Heritage Days offer a glimpse of the parts of public buildings that are normally closed. This year those include the Gare de Lyon train station`s clock tower and the British ambassador`s residence.
At the Elysee today, visitors will be treated to a tour of the president`s office.
In the spirit of the festival, Hollande told French television: "I`m only a renter of this house.... The people are the landlords."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'