French Prez welcomes visitors to his `rented` home
Paris: French President Francois Hollande and his partner are welcoming visitors to their "rented" home: the sumptuous Elysee Palace.
Hollande and Valerie Trierweiler shook hands and signed autographs for crowds lining up to see the 18th- century mansion during France`s annual open house festival when the doors to historical landmarks and government buildings are thrown open across the country.
The Heritage Days offer a glimpse of the parts of public buildings that are normally closed. This year those include the Gare de Lyon train station`s clock tower and the British ambassador`s residence.
At the Elysee today, visitors will be treated to a tour of the president`s office.
In the spirit of the festival, Hollande told French television: "I`m only a renter of this house.... The people are the landlords."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145