French Prez welcomes visitors to his `rented` home
Paris: French President Francois Hollande and his partner are welcoming visitors to their "rented" home: the sumptuous Elysee Palace.
Hollande and Valerie Trierweiler shook hands and signed autographs for crowds lining up to see the 18th- century mansion during France`s annual open house festival when the doors to historical landmarks and government buildings are thrown open across the country.
The Heritage Days offer a glimpse of the parts of public buildings that are normally closed. This year those include the Gare de Lyon train station`s clock tower and the British ambassador`s residence.
At the Elysee today, visitors will be treated to a tour of the president`s office.
In the spirit of the festival, Hollande told French television: "I`m only a renter of this house.... The people are the landlords."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities