French Prez welcomes visitors to his `rented` home
Paris: French President Francois Hollande and his partner are welcoming visitors to their "rented" home: the sumptuous Elysee Palace.
Hollande and Valerie Trierweiler shook hands and signed autographs for crowds lining up to see the 18th- century mansion during France`s annual open house festival when the doors to historical landmarks and government buildings are thrown open across the country.
The Heritage Days offer a glimpse of the parts of public buildings that are normally closed. This year those include the Gare de Lyon train station`s clock tower and the British ambassador`s residence.
At the Elysee today, visitors will be treated to a tour of the president`s office.
In the spirit of the festival, Hollande told French television: "I`m only a renter of this house.... The people are the landlords."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi