French Prez welcomes visitors to his `rented` home
Paris: French President Francois Hollande and his partner are welcoming visitors to their "rented" home: the sumptuous Elysee Palace.
Hollande and Valerie Trierweiler shook hands and signed autographs for crowds lining up to see the 18th- century mansion during France`s annual open house festival when the doors to historical landmarks and government buildings are thrown open across the country.
The Heritage Days offer a glimpse of the parts of public buildings that are normally closed. This year those include the Gare de Lyon train station`s clock tower and the British ambassador`s residence.
At the Elysee today, visitors will be treated to a tour of the president`s office.
In the spirit of the festival, Hollande told French television: "I`m only a renter of this house.... The people are the landlords."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you