French school hostage crisis ends, all freed
Paris: All the children and parents have been freed after a French gunman held them hostage at a school near a Paris suburb.
All hostages have been released and the hostage-taker, who is left alone in the school premises, is being negotiated by police officials who are trying to assess the situation whether he could take his own life.
The man in green jumpsuit entered Charles Perrault School in Vitry-sur-Seine today morning and detained several children and parents who had come to escort their wards.
The school was being used as leisure spot for summer activities, police said.
The man supposed to be in early thirties, is said to be a former Armyman.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket