French school hostage crisis ends, all freed
Paris: All the children and parents have been freed after a French gunman held them hostage at a school near a Paris suburb.
All hostages have been released and the hostage-taker, who is left alone in the school premises, is being negotiated by police officials who are trying to assess the situation whether he could take his own life.
The man in green jumpsuit entered Charles Perrault School in Vitry-sur-Seine today morning and detained several children and parents who had come to escort their wards.
The school was being used as leisure spot for summer activities, police said.
The man supposed to be in early thirties, is said to be a former Armyman.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi