French school hostage crisis ends, all freed
Paris: All the children and parents have been freed after a French gunman held them hostage at a school near a Paris suburb.
All hostages have been released and the hostage-taker, who is left alone in the school premises, is being negotiated by police officials who are trying to assess the situation whether he could take his own life.
The man in green jumpsuit entered Charles Perrault School in Vitry-sur-Seine today morning and detained several children and parents who had come to escort their wards.
The school was being used as leisure spot for summer activities, police said.
The man supposed to be in early thirties, is said to be a former Armyman.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'