French school hostage crisis ends, all freed
Paris: All the children and parents have been freed after a French gunman held them hostage at a school near a Paris suburb.
All hostages have been released and the hostage-taker, who is left alone in the school premises, is being negotiated by police officials who are trying to assess the situation whether he could take his own life.
The man in green jumpsuit entered Charles Perrault School in Vitry-sur-Seine today morning and detained several children and parents who had come to escort their wards.
The school was being used as leisure spot for summer activities, police said.
The man supposed to be in early thirties, is said to be a former Armyman.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader