French school hostage crisis ends, all freed
Paris: All the children and parents have been freed after a French gunman held them hostage at a school near a Paris suburb.
All hostages have been released and the hostage-taker, who is left alone in the school premises, is being negotiated by police officials who are trying to assess the situation whether he could take his own life.
The man in green jumpsuit entered Charles Perrault School in Vitry-sur-Seine today morning and detained several children and parents who had come to escort their wards.
The school was being used as leisure spot for summer activities, police said.
The man supposed to be in early thirties, is said to be a former Armyman.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal