French terrorist shot dead in front of his family
London: A suspected Muslim terrorist in France has been shot dead by police in front of his pregnant wife and child, a media report said Sunday.
Jeremy Sidney, 33, was gunned down as armed officers swarmed into his house in Strasbourg, France.
He was a French national who spent time in prison for drug-taking and had only recently converted to Islam, the Sunday Express reported.
Seven others, including another gunman in Paris, were arrested during an anti-terrorist operation in the French capital, as well as Strasbourg, Cannes and Nice.
All were suspected of being involved in an attack on a Jewish shop in Paris last month in which one person was injured.
Sidney`s fingerprints and DNA were said to have been found on an explosive device used, according to the newspaper.
President Francois Hollande stressed "the full determination of the state to protect French people against all forms of terrorist threats".
The eight men were said to be linked to a Salafist group which is committed to waging a jihad, or holy war, in Europe, the Express added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing