French terrorist shot dead in front of his family
London: A suspected Muslim terrorist in France has been shot dead by police in front of his pregnant wife and child, a media report said Sunday.
Jeremy Sidney, 33, was gunned down as armed officers swarmed into his house in Strasbourg, France.
He was a French national who spent time in prison for drug-taking and had only recently converted to Islam, the Sunday Express reported.
Seven others, including another gunman in Paris, were arrested during an anti-terrorist operation in the French capital, as well as Strasbourg, Cannes and Nice.
All were suspected of being involved in an attack on a Jewish shop in Paris last month in which one person was injured.
Sidney`s fingerprints and DNA were said to have been found on an explosive device used, according to the newspaper.
President Francois Hollande stressed "the full determination of the state to protect French people against all forms of terrorist threats".
The eight men were said to be linked to a Salafist group which is committed to waging a jihad, or holy war, in Europe, the Express added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya