French woman admits to suffocating newborns
Villers-Au-Tertre (France): A French
woman who admitted suffocating eight of her newborns and
concealing their corpses in the garden and garage of her home
has been charged with manslaughter, a prosecutor said on Thursday.
Dominique Cottrez, a 46-year-old nurse`s aide by
profession, said that after a bad experience with her first
pregnancy she never again wanted to see a doctor. She admitted
delivering the babies herself and placing the corpses in
plastic bags. She buried two of the newborns in the garden and
hid the rest of them in the garage, prosecutor Eric Vaillant
"She explained that she didn`t want any more children
and that she didn`t want to see a doctor to take
contraceptives," Vaillant told a news conference. "She was
perfectly conscious of the fact that she was pregnant each
Cottrez and her husband, Pierre-Marie Cottrez, were
detained yesterday after two corpses were discovered by the
new owners in plastic bags in the garden of a house that had
belonged to the woman`s father in the town of
Villers-au-Tertre in northern France.
Under questioning, the woman admitted that there were
six other corpses and told investigators that they were in
plastic bags in the garage of her home where they were found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees