French woman marries her dead fiance!
London: A woman in France is so in love with her fiance that two-years after he was killed in a car crash she married him.
Karen Jumeaux, 22, was permitted by an obscure law to wed Anthony Maillot, after she proved that they had already planned the ceremony.
They had got engaged after meeting in 2007 and had a baby boy in 2009 — shortly before Maillot died aged 20.
Jumeaux, who wore a white dress for the ceremony witnessed by family and friends, held the wedding in Dizy-le-Gros, eastern France, after president Nicolas Sarkozy granted her request.
“Anthony was my first and only love and we were together for four years,” the Sun quoted her as saying.
“We expected to bring up our son together. I never wanted to do it alone, but fate decided otherwise. Now I am his wife and I will always love him,” she added.
But a French legal expert said if she ever wanted to re-marry, she would have to get a divorce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali