French woman stabbed in Beijing knife attack
Beijing: A French woman was stabbed in central Beijing near Tiananmen Square on Saturday, state media reported, two days after a man fatally knifed two people and wounded 14 in the same area.
Saturday`s attack occurred just before noon near the south end of Tiananmen Square, with police capturing the attacker on the spot, Xinhua news agency said.
The French woman, who was not identified, was only slightly injured and was taken to hospital, the report said.
The attacker was identified as Dou Mingxiang, 41, from east China`s Jiangxi province.
Police were investigating the case, it said.
On Thursday, a 46-year-old man identified as Zhang Jianfei stabbed two people to death and wounded 14 others in Beijing, state media reported.
A police statement said that 14 people were hurt in the attack but did not confirm media reports that two had been killed.
Both attacks occurred in the Dashilan commercial district just south of Tiananmen Square, where huge celebrations will be held on October 1 to mark the country`s National Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH