French woman stabbed in Beijing knife attack
Beijing: A French woman was stabbed in central Beijing near Tiananmen Square on Saturday, state media reported, two days after a man fatally knifed two people and wounded 14 in the same area.
Saturday`s attack occurred just before noon near the south end of Tiananmen Square, with police capturing the attacker on the spot, Xinhua news agency said.
The French woman, who was not identified, was only slightly injured and was taken to hospital, the report said.
The attacker was identified as Dou Mingxiang, 41, from east China`s Jiangxi province.
Police were investigating the case, it said.
On Thursday, a 46-year-old man identified as Zhang Jianfei stabbed two people to death and wounded 14 others in Beijing, state media reported.
A police statement said that 14 people were hurt in the attack but did not confirm media reports that two had been killed.
Both attacks occurred in the Dashilan commercial district just south of Tiananmen Square, where huge celebrations will be held on October 1 to mark the country`s National Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic