French woman stabbed in Beijing knife attack
Beijing: A French woman was stabbed in central Beijing near Tiananmen Square on Saturday, state media reported, two days after a man fatally knifed two people and wounded 14 in the same area.
Saturday`s attack occurred just before noon near the south end of Tiananmen Square, with police capturing the attacker on the spot, Xinhua news agency said.
The French woman, who was not identified, was only slightly injured and was taken to hospital, the report said.
The attacker was identified as Dou Mingxiang, 41, from east China`s Jiangxi province.
Police were investigating the case, it said.
On Thursday, a 46-year-old man identified as Zhang Jianfei stabbed two people to death and wounded 14 others in Beijing, state media reported.
A police statement said that 14 people were hurt in the attack but did not confirm media reports that two had been killed.
Both attacks occurred in the Dashilan commercial district just south of Tiananmen Square, where huge celebrations will be held on October 1 to mark the country`s National Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack