Fresh blasts, gunfire heard in Nigeria’s Kano
Kano: Explosions and gunfire were
heard early Tuesday coming from an area near a police station in the Nigerian city of Kano, where coordinated attacks and gun
battles last week killed at least 185 people.
An AFP correspondent heard some 15 blasts and gunshots
coming from the vicinity of a mobile police headquarters.
Details were not immediately clear. One resident reported a
"I was awoken from sleep by explosions and gunshots
coming from the mobile barracks and police station opposite,"
the resident said, adding that they had stopped after several
"It`s terrifying ... It`s too dangerous to go out,
besides there is curfew."
A nighttime curfew is in effect in the wake of
Friday`s attacks in Kano claimed by Islamist group Boko Haram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi