Fresh blasts, gunfire heard in Nigeria’s Kano
Kano: Explosions and gunfire were
heard early Tuesday coming from an area near a police station in the Nigerian city of Kano, where coordinated attacks and gun
battles last week killed at least 185 people.
An AFP correspondent heard some 15 blasts and gunshots
coming from the vicinity of a mobile police headquarters.
Details were not immediately clear. One resident reported a
"I was awoken from sleep by explosions and gunshots
coming from the mobile barracks and police station opposite,"
the resident said, adding that they had stopped after several
"It`s terrifying ... It`s too dangerous to go out,
besides there is curfew."
A nighttime curfew is in effect in the wake of
Friday`s attacks in Kano claimed by Islamist group Boko Haram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed