Fresh details emerge about Osama bin Laden’s last moments
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: A leaked Pakistani government report has revealed the details about the slain al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden’s last moments as recounted by his family members.
The 336 page report of Abbottabad commission is based on the accounts given by more than two hundred military and political officials and also Osama’s three widows.
According to the testimony by Osama’s wives, the world’s most wanted man died of a bullet that went straight through his forehead while he was in his bedroom at the second floor of his Abbottabad house.
The report reveals that Osama’s face was clear and recognizable when killed.
In fresh details that have emerged out of the report leaked by the Al Jazeera, Osama was spending his last night with his youngest wife Sadah when he mistook the noise made by US Navy SEALs’ Chinook helicopter for a rainstorm.
Hearing the knock, Osama’s courier Ibrahim al-Kuwaiti opened the door and he was shot dead through window, tells his wife.
“There was a knock at the door and then they shot my husband dead,” Kuwaiti’s wife has said in the report.
According to the report, after sensing that Americans had arrived, Osama recitied verses from Quran with his daughters Mariam, 21, and Sumayya, 20.
Then he instructed everyone to leave him but his wife Sadah and daughter Mariam didn’t.
The report also reveals how Osama’s youngest wife threw herself at the feet of the Navy SEAL, pleading him not to shoot at her husband but she was shot at in her knees.
The Navy SEAL then pointed his red laser dot on Osama and he was shot at his forehead.
As Osama lay dead in pool of blood, the soldier repeatedly asked Mariyam the name of the killed man to confirm that he was Osama bin Laden – the world’s most wanted man.
The report also says that the entire operation took 36 minutes to conclude.
In the report, which is a harsh critique of Pakistani military and government’s role before and in the aftermath of Osama raid, Pakistani police officials have been described as the ‘spectators`.
He report says that when a senior DIG entered the compound, Osama’s eldest wife Khairiyyah, told him in a hackneyed English, `Now you come, when everything over!`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read