Fresh Israeli raids on Gaza strip: Hamas
Gaza City: Israeli planes carried out two
raids on the Gaza Strip overnight, wounding a Palestinian, a Hamas official said Wednesday.
The raids were on targets in Beit-Lahya and northern
Gaza, said a member of the security service of Hamas, which
controls the enclave.
An Israeli military spokesman confirmed a raid on "terrorist sites" in the Gaza Strip.
Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip fired two rockets
into southern Israel yesterday evening, damaging a farm
outbuilding but causing no casualties, Israeli police said.
The previous rocket attack, on Sunday, triggered a
retaliatory Israeli air strike on a Hamas military base in
which a Palestinian was killed and several people wounded,
among them two policemen and a French consular official and
his family living nearby.
Low-level unrest has rumbled in and around Gaza this
month but has not deteriorated into all-out fighting as it did
on October 29-30 when tit-for-tat violence left 12 Palestinian
militants and an Israeli civilian dead.
Militant groups say they are observing an
Egyptian-brokered truce agreement but have reserved the right
to reply to any Israeli fire, while Israel has said it will
target any militants poised to fire rockets across the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid