Fresh Israeli raids on Gaza strip: Hamas
Gaza City: Israeli planes carried out two
raids on the Gaza Strip overnight, wounding a Palestinian, a Hamas official said Wednesday.
The raids were on targets in Beit-Lahya and northern
Gaza, said a member of the security service of Hamas, which
controls the enclave.
An Israeli military spokesman confirmed a raid on "terrorist sites" in the Gaza Strip.
Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip fired two rockets
into southern Israel yesterday evening, damaging a farm
outbuilding but causing no casualties, Israeli police said.
The previous rocket attack, on Sunday, triggered a
retaliatory Israeli air strike on a Hamas military base in
which a Palestinian was killed and several people wounded,
among them two policemen and a French consular official and
his family living nearby.
Low-level unrest has rumbled in and around Gaza this
month but has not deteriorated into all-out fighting as it did
on October 29-30 when tit-for-tat violence left 12 Palestinian
militants and an Israeli civilian dead.
Militant groups say they are observing an
Egyptian-brokered truce agreement but have reserved the right
to reply to any Israeli fire, while Israel has said it will
target any militants poised to fire rockets across the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars