FSB officer killed in blast in Russia`s Daghestan region
Moscow: A senior officer of Russia`s elite
security service FSB was killed on Thursday in a blast that targeted
his official vehicle in the restive Caucasus republic of
Ahmed Abdullayev, Chief of the local FSB branch in
Tsumadi district of Daghestan, was killed in the blast outside
his residence, local media reported.
"Unidentified militants blew up Abdullayev`s staff car at
8 am Moscow time in the village of Gavali. A policeman was
wounded in a chase to nab two men, who triggered the bomb,"
spokesman for the Prosecutor General`s Investigation Committee
(SKP), Vladimir Markin, was quoted as saying by RIA Novosti.
According to preliminary reports, the car was targeted
when the FSB officer was getting into it outside his house to
drive for a work.
A criminal case was instituted over an attempt on the
life of a law enforcer and illegal possession of arms.
Detectives and criminal experts were working at the
Murders of law enforcement and security officials are
common in Russia`s volatile Caucasus region, including
Daghestan, as a fallout of two Chechnya wars against rebels,
who want to create an Islamic Emirate from Caspian to Black
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred