Fugitive British gunman dead: Source
London: Raoul Moat, the fugitive gunman snared by British police after a massive manhunt, has died, a source told a news agency, after apparently shooting himself on Saturday in an armed siege.
A well-placed source confirmed that the 37-year-old, on the run for a week following a deadly shooting spree, was dead.
BBC television, Sky News and the domestic Press Association news agency also cited sources saying Moat was dead.
Police said it appeared that "the suspect shot himself" and was "in hospital receiving treatment for his injuries".
He was rushed by ambulance from the village of Rothbury to Newcastle General Hospital, in northeast England, where he was carried in on a stretcher, with a blanket covering his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery