`Full team of 30 monitors in Syria by Monday`
Geneva: Fifteen more ceasefire monitors of a total advance team of 30 are expected to be in Syria by Monday and every effort is being made to deploy the full mission of up to 300 observers, the spokesman for international mediator Kofi Annan said on Friday.
"We expect the 30 will be on the ground by the end of April, on Monday," Annan spokesman Ahmad Fawzi said in Geneva.
"There is no delay... It is a whole process," he said. "They are deploying at remarkable speed."
Syria`s government and rebels have traded blame for a huge explosion which killed 16 people in Hama on Wednesday, as a two-week-old UN-backed ceasefire looked increasingly fragile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged