Funeral service planned for Australian couple traveling on MH370
The first funeral service for passengers on board the missing Malaysian jet will be held on Sunday with a family of an Australian couple deciding to hold a memorial nearly two months after the plane disappeared.
Melbourne: The first funeral service for passengers on board the missing Malaysian jet will be held on Sunday with a family of an Australian couple deciding to hold a memorial nearly two months after the plane disappeared.
The family and friends of missing couple Rod and Mary Burrows, two of six Australians on board the flight MH370, will hold a funeral service for them in Brisbane.
The Burrows had three children and one grandchild, born since they went missing.
Their son Jayden said in April they would dearly miss their mother and father, who he said had worked hard to set themselves up to enjoy their retirement.
"We`re heartbroken that this stage of their life has been cut short," Burrows was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald.
The Burrows had been on the flight with their friends Catherine and Robert Lawton, also from Brisbane. Li Yuan and Gu Naijun, from Sydney, are the other two missing Australians.
Malaysia Airlines yesterday announced it will stop providing hotel accommodation for the families of those missing on May 7, encouraging relatives to receive any further information from "the comfort of their own homes".
The Beijing-bound Malaysia Airlines flight MH370- carrying 239 people, including five Indians, an Indo-Canadian and 154 Chinese nationals - had mysteriously vanished on March 8 after taking off from Kuala Lumpur.
The mystery of the missing plane continues to baffle aviation and security authorities who have so far not succeeded in tracking the aircraft despite deploying hi-tech radar and other gadgets.