Gaddafi daughter says father is well and fighting
Nicosia: Aisha Gaddafi, daughter of the
ousted Libyan leader, said that her father was well and
fighting on the ground, as she attacked the country`s new
rulers and called them "traitors".
"Remain reassured; your great leader is doing well. He
carries weapons and is fighting on the fronts," she said in a
telephone message yesterday, aired by Syria-based Arrai
television, which regularly broadcasts comments from Gaddafi
or his family members.
"You can be proud of your leader," she said addressing the
"resistant people" of Libya.
Aisha Gaddafi, who fled to Algeria with her mother and two
brothers late last month, called on the people to "rise"
against the new rulers, saying members of the National
Transitional Council were "traitors who have broken their oath
of allegiance" toward Gaddafi.
She warned Libyans that "those who have betrayed their
allegiance could do the same with you".
Gaddafi`s wife Safiya, two sons Mohammed and Hannibal and
daughter Aisha escaped to Algeria on August 29. Algeria said
it had allowed them in on "humanitarian grounds".
When rebel fighters stormed and captured Gaddafi`s Bab
al-Aziziya headquarters on August 23, they found no trace of
the strongman, who has since made several broadcasts claiming
he is still in Libya.
Reports also emerged that he may be in the south.
"General Belgasem al-Abaaj, who we captured on Monday,
said that Gaddafi had contacted him by phone about 10 days
ago, and that he was moving secretly between (the oases towns
of) Sabha and Ghat," an NTC commander, Mohammed Barka Wardugu,
Abaaj had said that Gaddafi "is helped by Nigerian and
Chadian mercenaries who know the desert routes", added
Wardugu, spokesman for the Desert Shield Brigade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble