Gaddafi family granted Oman asylum: Libya Foreign Minister
Doha: Libya`s foreign minister says the widow of the late ruler Muammar Gaddafi and other family members have been granted asylum in Oman.
Mohamed Abdelaziz told reporters in Qatar today that the family members had moved from Algeria following an asylum offer by Oman.
He gave no further details, but it`s believed that Gaddafi`s widow Safiya, three of the late leader`s children as well as grandchildren left Algeria late last year.
Abdelaziz said it was "too soon" to discuss whether Libya would eventually seek their extradition. But he defended Oman`s right to host the Gaddafi family members.
One of Gaddafi`s son, Seif al-Islam, was captured by rebels.
Omani officials have made no official comment.
Abdelaziz and other top regional envoys have been in Qatar ahead of an Arab League summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read