Gaddafi ready to step down: Former Croatian Prez
Zagreb: Former Croatian President
Stipe Mesic, who has close ties with Muammar Gaddafi, said
on Tuesday that the Libyan leader told him he was ready to step
down from political life if NATO ended airstrikes.
"I can confirm that colonel Gaddafi is ready to retreat
completely from political and public life with a firm
engagement that we would impede the setting up of a multi
party system but on the condition that the NATO airstrikes
cease," Mesic said in a statement quoted by Hina news agency.
The former president added that he had a "personal verbal
message" from Gaddafi last week with the offer and added he
told the Chinese, Russian and American ambassadors to Croatia
about it yesterday.
"The authorities in Tripoli have tried to get this message
out via all the available channels to countries that have
played a crucial role in the organisation and the operations
in Libya," Mesic added in the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video