Gaddafi secretly transfers £3 bn to London-based wealth manager
London: Libyan dictator Colonel Muammar Gaddafi has secretly deposited GBP 3 billion with a London-based private wealth manager.
According to the Daily Mail, a Swiss intermediary working for Gaddafi brokered a deal to transfer the funds from oil-rich Libya.
A similar attempt made five weeks ago was rebuffed when senior staff at a separate City stock broking firm learned of the source of the money, The Times reported.
The firm`s chief executive told The Times: “I said no, because personally I`m not comfortable dealing with murdering dictators with blood on their hands.”
However, the transaction went ahead with a Mayfair-based private wealth manager last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...