Gaddafi secretly transfers £3 bn to London-based wealth manager
London: Libyan dictator Colonel Muammar Gaddafi has secretly deposited GBP 3 billion with a London-based private wealth manager.
According to the Daily Mail, a Swiss intermediary working for Gaddafi brokered a deal to transfer the funds from oil-rich Libya.
A similar attempt made five weeks ago was rebuffed when senior staff at a separate City stock broking firm learned of the source of the money, The Times reported.
The firm`s chief executive told The Times: “I said no, because personally I`m not comfortable dealing with murdering dictators with blood on their hands.”
However, the transaction went ahead with a Mayfair-based private wealth manager last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital