Gaddafi sheltered Mujibur killers: Hasina
Dhaka: Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi gave shelter to the killers of then president and Bangladesh founder Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said.
Hasina said Gaddafi is now witnessing his own fall.
The Libyan leader in 1996 had written a letter to Hasina requesting her to forgive her father`s killers - Faruk and Rashid.
"Gaddafi in his letter cited a quotation from the Quran. I also replied to him with another quotation from the Quran. I said that if I would not try to bring the killers to law, I won`t perform my duty as the daughter of a father," Hasina was quoted as saying by the Daily Star.
In a pre-dawn attack Aug 15, 1975, a group of army personnel assassinated Rahman and 23 of his family members and close associates. His two daughters, Sheikh Hasina and Sheikh Rehana, survived as they were then on a visit to Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing