Gaddafi sheltered Mujibur killers: Hasina
Dhaka: Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi gave shelter to the killers of then president and Bangladesh founder Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said.
Hasina said Gaddafi is now witnessing his own fall.
The Libyan leader in 1996 had written a letter to Hasina requesting her to forgive her father`s killers - Faruk and Rashid.
"Gaddafi in his letter cited a quotation from the Quran. I also replied to him with another quotation from the Quran. I said that if I would not try to bring the killers to law, I won`t perform my duty as the daughter of a father," Hasina was quoted as saying by the Daily Star.
In a pre-dawn attack Aug 15, 1975, a group of army personnel assassinated Rahman and 23 of his family members and close associates. His two daughters, Sheikh Hasina and Sheikh Rehana, survived as they were then on a visit to Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter