Gaddafi sheltered Mujibur killers: Hasina
Dhaka: Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi gave shelter to the killers of then president and Bangladesh founder Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said.
Hasina said Gaddafi is now witnessing his own fall.
The Libyan leader in 1996 had written a letter to Hasina requesting her to forgive her father`s killers - Faruk and Rashid.
"Gaddafi in his letter cited a quotation from the Quran. I also replied to him with another quotation from the Quran. I said that if I would not try to bring the killers to law, I won`t perform my duty as the daughter of a father," Hasina was quoted as saying by the Daily Star.
In a pre-dawn attack Aug 15, 1975, a group of army personnel assassinated Rahman and 23 of his family members and close associates. His two daughters, Sheikh Hasina and Sheikh Rehana, survived as they were then on a visit to Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?