Gaddafi sheltered Mujibur killers: Hasina
Dhaka: Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi gave shelter to the killers of then president and Bangladesh founder Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said.
Hasina said Gaddafi is now witnessing his own fall.
The Libyan leader in 1996 had written a letter to Hasina requesting her to forgive her father`s killers - Faruk and Rashid.
"Gaddafi in his letter cited a quotation from the Quran. I also replied to him with another quotation from the Quran. I said that if I would not try to bring the killers to law, I won`t perform my duty as the daughter of a father," Hasina was quoted as saying by the Daily Star.
In a pre-dawn attack Aug 15, 1975, a group of army personnel assassinated Rahman and 23 of his family members and close associates. His two daughters, Sheikh Hasina and Sheikh Rehana, survived as they were then on a visit to Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data