Gaddafi son`s luxury car seized by Italian police
Genoa: A luxury vehicle belonging to Al Saadi Gaddafi, son of slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, has been seized by Italian police from a hotel in Genoa where it had been parked for almost five years.
The Cadillac Escalade with a Porsche 6.500 motor was impounded by finance police in Genoa where the 39-year-old Al Saadi Gaddafi played soccer for the UC Sampdoria team during the 2006-07 season.
The vehicle was parked at the Excelsior Palace di Rapallo hotel.
A court in 2010 ordered Al Saadi to pay the hotel a bill of 400,000 euro which he ran up during a month-long stay at the hotel`s luxury suite in 2007.
Al Saadi fled Libya in September last year to Niger.
Property belonging to the Gaddafi family has been impounded at the request of the International Criminal Court to compensate the victims of his regime.
Italian police in May seized a 20 million euro hotel complex and land on the picturesque southern island of Pantelleria from the Gaddafis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days