Gaddafi son`s luxury car seized by Italian police
Genoa: A luxury vehicle belonging to Al Saadi Gaddafi, son of slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, has been seized by Italian police from a hotel in Genoa where it had been parked for almost five years.
The Cadillac Escalade with a Porsche 6.500 motor was impounded by finance police in Genoa where the 39-year-old Al Saadi Gaddafi played soccer for the UC Sampdoria team during the 2006-07 season.
The vehicle was parked at the Excelsior Palace di Rapallo hotel.
A court in 2010 ordered Al Saadi to pay the hotel a bill of 400,000 euro which he ran up during a month-long stay at the hotel`s luxury suite in 2007.
Al Saadi fled Libya in September last year to Niger.
Property belonging to the Gaddafi family has been impounded at the request of the International Criminal Court to compensate the victims of his regime.
Italian police in May seized a 20 million euro hotel complex and land on the picturesque southern island of Pantelleria from the Gaddafis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray