Gaddafi son`s luxury car seized by Italian police
Genoa: A luxury vehicle belonging to Al Saadi Gaddafi, son of slain Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, has been seized by Italian police from a hotel in Genoa where it had been parked for almost five years.
The Cadillac Escalade with a Porsche 6.500 motor was impounded by finance police in Genoa where the 39-year-old Al Saadi Gaddafi played soccer for the UC Sampdoria team during the 2006-07 season.
The vehicle was parked at the Excelsior Palace di Rapallo hotel.
A court in 2010 ordered Al Saadi to pay the hotel a bill of 400,000 euro which he ran up during a month-long stay at the hotel`s luxury suite in 2007.
Al Saadi fled Libya in September last year to Niger.
Property belonging to the Gaddafi family has been impounded at the request of the International Criminal Court to compensate the victims of his regime.
Italian police in May seized a 20 million euro hotel complex and land on the picturesque southern island of Pantelleria from the Gaddafis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation