Gaddafi`s $697 million ship is now a luxury cruise liner in Italy
Sydney: A ship that was originally ordered for deposed Libyan regime of Muammar Gaddafi has been changed into a luxury cruise service in Italy by the Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC).
The 697 million dollars high-end liner with 1751 cabins was commissioned by Gaddafi`s son, Hannibal, to kick start the cruise industry in Libya before the country`s revolution in 2011.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the MSC Preziosa includes 69 exclusive `yacht club suites`, hydro-massage pools and a glass-walled observation lounge.
There is also butler service to arrange everything from cigars to table reservations at the first two Eataly restaurants at sea, the report said.
There is also an aqua adventure park and MSC`s longest water slide at sea on the 333-metre ship.
According to the report, the christening in Genoa went off in spectacular style with flash mobs from sister ships MSC Splendida and MSC Opera contributing to a light and sound show.
MSC, founded by billionaire Gianluigi Aponte, is one of the world`s largest shipping companies. It bought the partly finished Gaddafi ship after the uprising in Libya, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?