Gaddafi’s crush on Condoleezza Rice revealed
Tripoli: Glossy pictures of America`s former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice have been discovered by the rebels in Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s residence.
Gaddafi had earlier hinted at a serious admiration for Rice.
In an interview with Al-Jazeera television in 2007, he had hinted that then-President George W Bush`s top diplomat had a considerable influence in the Arab world.
“I support my darling black African woman, admire and am very proud of the way she leans back and gives orders to the Arab leaders. ... Leezza, Leezza, Leezza. ... I love her very much. I admire her, and I`m proud of her, because she`s a black woman of African origin,” the Daily Mail quoted Gaddafi, as saying at the time.
In the following year, Gaddafi met Rice while the latter paid a historic visit to Libya, taking steps towards normalising relations after the United States went decades without an ambassador in Tripoli.
During their meeting in Tripoli on September 5, 2008, Rice had said that the US ``doesn`t have any permanent enemies.``
Gaddafi welcomed Rice in his home, one that President Ronald Reagan once ordered bombed in retaliation for Libya`s attack on a German disco, for the traditional meal that ends the daylight fast during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Gaddafi remains untraceable, as the rebels enjoyed in Tripoli to celebrate their almost confirmed victory over the regime of the dictator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre