Gaddafi’s crush on Condoleezza Rice revealed
Tripoli: Glossy pictures of America`s former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice have been discovered by the rebels in Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s residence.
Gaddafi had earlier hinted at a serious admiration for Rice.
In an interview with Al-Jazeera television in 2007, he had hinted that then-President George W Bush`s top diplomat had a considerable influence in the Arab world.
“I support my darling black African woman, admire and am very proud of the way she leans back and gives orders to the Arab leaders. ... Leezza, Leezza, Leezza. ... I love her very much. I admire her, and I`m proud of her, because she`s a black woman of African origin,” the Daily Mail quoted Gaddafi, as saying at the time.
In the following year, Gaddafi met Rice while the latter paid a historic visit to Libya, taking steps towards normalising relations after the United States went decades without an ambassador in Tripoli.
During their meeting in Tripoli on September 5, 2008, Rice had said that the US ``doesn`t have any permanent enemies.``
Gaddafi welcomed Rice in his home, one that President Ronald Reagan once ordered bombed in retaliation for Libya`s attack on a German disco, for the traditional meal that ends the daylight fast during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Gaddafi remains untraceable, as the rebels enjoyed in Tripoli to celebrate their almost confirmed victory over the regime of the dictator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?