Gaddafi`s daughter sick after seeing dead father
Algiers: Muammar Gaddafi`s daughter Aisha was hospitalised in Algeria after learning that her father and brother Muttasim had been killed by Libyan transitional government forces, according to a news report.
The 34 year-old daughter of the late Libyan dictator was admitted to hospital on Thursday after seeing images of her dead father broadcast on television, Algerian media reported.
Aisha, dubbed the Claudia Schiffer of North Africa for her striking looks, crossed into Algeria from Libya with her brothers Hannibal and Mohammed and their families on August 30, almost six months after fighting broke out between rebels and forces loyal to Gaddafi in February.
Algeria said refuge was granted on humanitarian grounds.
Choppy video images of Gaddafi`s bloody body surrounded by joyful soldiers were broadcast around the world after he was captured and shot in Sirte, his hometown that fell to government forces on Thursday.
Gaddafi was reportedly found hiding in a sewer drain, and uttered his last worlds "don`t fire, what have I ever done to you", before being shot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman