Gaddafi`s daughter sick after seeing dead father
Algiers: Muammar Gaddafi`s daughter Aisha was hospitalised in Algeria after learning that her father and brother Muttasim had been killed by Libyan transitional government forces, according to a news report.
The 34 year-old daughter of the late Libyan dictator was admitted to hospital on Thursday after seeing images of her dead father broadcast on television, Algerian media reported.
Aisha, dubbed the Claudia Schiffer of North Africa for her striking looks, crossed into Algeria from Libya with her brothers Hannibal and Mohammed and their families on August 30, almost six months after fighting broke out between rebels and forces loyal to Gaddafi in February.
Algeria said refuge was granted on humanitarian grounds.
Choppy video images of Gaddafi`s bloody body surrounded by joyful soldiers were broadcast around the world after he was captured and shot in Sirte, his hometown that fell to government forces on Thursday.
Gaddafi was reportedly found hiding in a sewer drain, and uttered his last worlds "don`t fire, what have I ever done to you", before being shot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter