Gaddafi`s forces recapture Misurata
Tripoli: Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s forces Thursday recaptured the country`s third largest city of Misurata, Xinhua reported, citing state TV.
On Wednesday, 11 people were reportedly killed in clashes between anti-government protesters and Gaddafi`s forces in Misurata, 150 km from Tripoli.
Meanwhile, government troops bombarded Benina airport, about 10 km south of the rebel stronghold of Benghazi, Libya`s second largest city, Al Jazeera said.
Libya has been rocked by protests since Feb 14. Protesters are demanding the ouster of Gaddafi, who has ruled the country for over 42 years. According to one estimate, over 6,000 people have died in the clashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy