Gaddafi`s forces recapture Misurata
Tripoli: Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s forces Thursday recaptured the country`s third largest city of Misurata, Xinhua reported, citing state TV.
On Wednesday, 11 people were reportedly killed in clashes between anti-government protesters and Gaddafi`s forces in Misurata, 150 km from Tripoli.
Meanwhile, government troops bombarded Benina airport, about 10 km south of the rebel stronghold of Benghazi, Libya`s second largest city, Al Jazeera said.
Libya has been rocked by protests since Feb 14. Protesters are demanding the ouster of Gaddafi, who has ruled the country for over 42 years. According to one estimate, over 6,000 people have died in the clashes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way