Gaddafi`s killers should be tried: Family lawyer
Jerusalem: The Israeli attorney for the daughter of Muammar Gaddafi says those responsible for the long time leader`s killing a year ago should be brought to justice.
The lawyer, Nick Kaufman, was hired last year by the late dictator`s daughter, Aisha. Kaufman has represented other controversial figures in the past on the grounds that everybody deserves a fair trial.
Gaddafi`s son Saif al-Islam was captured a month after his father`s death on October 20, 2011, and is being held in Libya.
The International Criminal Court has not approved yet the new Libyan government`s plans to try Saif al-Islam in Libya for crimes against humanity.
Libya wants to try him at home.
Kaufman accused Libya of being incapable of giving Gaddafi`s son a fair trial. He spoke today to a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you