Gaddafi`s killers should be tried: Family lawyer
Jerusalem: The Israeli attorney for the daughter of Muammar Gaddafi says those responsible for the long time leader`s killing a year ago should be brought to justice.
The lawyer, Nick Kaufman, was hired last year by the late dictator`s daughter, Aisha. Kaufman has represented other controversial figures in the past on the grounds that everybody deserves a fair trial.
Gaddafi`s son Saif al-Islam was captured a month after his father`s death on October 20, 2011, and is being held in Libya.
The International Criminal Court has not approved yet the new Libyan government`s plans to try Saif al-Islam in Libya for crimes against humanity.
Libya wants to try him at home.
Kaufman accused Libya of being incapable of giving Gaddafi`s son a fair trial. He spoke today to a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof