Gaddafi’s nurse seeks asylum in Norway
Oslo: Muammar Gaddafi`s Ukrainian nurse is in Norway and has applied for political asylum, say the Nordic country`s security police.
"We have routinely been informed that she has applied for asylum," Trond Hugubakken, press spokesman at the Norwegian Police Security Service, said on Thursday.
Halyna Kolotnytska left Libya in February due to the unrest and returned to Ukraine, where she stayed with her daughter and mother in a modest apartment in a five-storey building in the town of Brovary near Kiev. It is not known if her family went with her to Norway.
Kolotnytska is thought to have been a close confidant of Gaddafi. A United States diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks last year claimed the Libyan leader is deeply attached to her.
It described Kolotnytska as a "voluptuous blonde" and said she always travelled with Gaddafi as only she "knows his routine”. The cable also suggested the two may have been romantically involved. Kolotnytska was one of four Ukrainian nurses who took care of the Libyan leader.
Norwegian immigration authorities declined to comment on Kolotnytska`s application, but an experienced immigration lawyer, Arvid Humlen, said it was unlikely she would be granted asylum.
He did say, however, that Kolotnytska could be given permission to stay in Norway due to "additional threats" — such as the risk of being targeted by Libyan agents.
The Justice Ministry could also allow her to stay, Humlen said. "They might find that she has important information about Gaddafi that NATO can use."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!