Gaddafi’s obsession with me was weird: Condoleezza
Washington: Former US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice has said that killed Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi’s obsession with her was "weird and a bit creepy".
In her latest book, No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington, Rice described how the killed dictator played a montage of video images of her during her visit to Tripoli in September 2008.
The clip was set to a tune, written by a Libyan composer, titled African Flower in the White House, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Recalling her relief when the video turned out not to be raunchy, Rice said the photo album was "quite extraordinary, weird and a bit creepy".
"I had actually known that he had this fixation on me. My job was to go there and do diplomatic business and get out, so that’s what I did. But I have to say I did have that terrible moment when he said that he had the video. I am just glad that it all came out all right," she added.
Gaddafi died of gunshot wounds last month after being captured by rebels, who toppled his regime in an uprising that started early this year.
When rebel forces seized Gaddafi`s compound in Tripoli, they found a scrapbook full of pictures of Rice, who was the first African-American woman to become secretary of state - a post she held from 2005-09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi